[asterisk-users] Is there a public blacklist of hackers' IP addresses?

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 02:34:07 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> There are 4 billion possible IP addresses.  To successfully block all possible
> hackers, you must block 4 billion of them.  Seriously.  Even your own computer
> is a possible source of hacking to other locations.

In that case, why not just pull the ethernet cable from the router?
That will block all spal, hacker attempts and viruses free.

I use spamcop.net for email blocking and it works very well,
especially if you participate by feeding the list. I've reported over
30,000 spam emails. Spamcop processes the headers intelligently and it
figures out the actual originating IP.  There is no reason why a
properly formed list couldn't be helpful. It wouldn't put an end to
problems, but it could be one arm in a defensive system.

/r