[asterisk-users] conference and wifi phones

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Mon Mar 23 20:14:22 CDT 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:01:51 -0400, Dean Collins wrote:

>Siemens make a range of DECT handsets under the Gigaset model range.
>
>Yes they shit all over every wifi handset I have ever used.
>
>Dect is way better.

Amen to that! Unles you have some compelling reason for VoWifi it's not
worthy of consideration. Especially for SOHO or small biz use. Too
costly to do well.

DECT, in contrast, is solid and not overly expensive. SIP/DECT systems
like the snom m3 and Siemens S675/S685 give you all the benefits of a
SIP phone with the reliability and mobility of DECT. I much prefer this
to an ATA and analog DECT phone.

Michael
--
Michael Graves