[asterisk-users] conference and wifi phones

Kelvin Chan kelvinc at positronics.com
Mon Mar 23 18:37:34 CDT 2009

> One of our local companies here in the UK are trialling a new conference
> phone - the "Konftel 300IP SIP" however it's still as expensive as a
> Polycom, but that might be the $/£ exchange - might be cheaper where you
> are?

It seems like an interesting product. Compared to Polycom 7000, it's roughly $400(list price) cheaper.
Just out of curiosity, the product is made in Sweden. It should be cheaper in UK. How much are they selling over there?

> > For wifi phone, I tried Linksys iPhone. It works well but lacks a
> > cradle. My users often forget to charge it when they leave for the day
> > and come back to a dead wifi phone for the next morning.
> >
> > Any good recommendations?
>
> DECT not Wi-Fi?
>
> Can you get the Siemens range over there?

DECT is not wifi. It is just another digital wireless protocol built for wireless phones.

I'm not sure what do you mean by Siemens range.

Kelvin Chan               | Positronics Ent.
Product Development       |
                          | unit 272
604-628-9330 (direct)     | 8128 128th St.
604-585-2119 at 104 (main)   | Surrey, BC
604-585-3056 (fax)        | Canada, V3W 1R1