[asterisk-users] Simple(?) dialplan question.

Asterisk asterisk at solutionengineers.com
Sun Mar 22 06:26:32 CDT 2009

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> It's easy to do in dialplan - you just need to know the status codes
> returned by Dial (and hope that sipgate return the correct codes too)

Not just Sipgate: I've got an account with CallCentric and a BT line to deal
with too...

> You can simply:
>
>    exten => _0.,n,Goto(${DIALSTATUS})
>
> (before the playback)
>
> Use the labels as the destinations - eg.
>
>    exten => _0.,n(BUSY),Noop()
>    exten => _0.,n(CONGESTION),Noop()

I've never seen that before, does that definitely work in 1.4.x? If so,
cool...

> then you could at this point, insert a Wait(1) then a Goto
> back to your
> Dial line.
>
> See the helpfile on the Dial command for all possible status
> messages -
> ie.
>
>      DIALSTATUS   - This is the status of the call:
>                     CHANUNAVAIL | CONGESTION | NOANSWER |
> BUSY | ANSWER | CANCEL
>                     DONTCALL | TORTURE | INVALIDARGS

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

> Does sipgate let you change outgoing caller ID these days now?

No - it's a legacy left over from when I hoped it would let me do it..... I
just haven't got around to removing it yet.

Cheers,
Ade.