[asterisk-users] OT - CID with Asterisk and Betamax

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Sat Mar 21 09:18:33 CDT 2009

Hi,

sorry for this a bit OT.

I'm using VoiceTrading for some calls -premium route- and can't get CID
to work despite the fact that CALLERID(num) and CALLERID(name) are setted.

I ask in VT->myAccount to accept calls from my IP without checking
username & secret. On incoming calls the CID is setted to 0100000000

If I accept calls from username & secret and no IP relation, CID is
always different and not related to something I know, doesn't matter
which country is called.

I read in some forums that setting secret=secret:username and
username=CID should work. I tried, doesn't work. Anyway it wouldn't
solve the problem, I would have to dynamicaly change the username (how
to do this?), as the CID is depending on the current call.

Has anyone of you have success with Voicetrading or others Betamax GWs
to set there own CID? If yes, would you share?

Ah, yes, already tried to contact their support, but like all Betamax
Services, no answer. And yes, I know, use other GWs -what I do-, but
their prices are very competitive and my account is loaded.

Regards, thanks for any hint.

--
Daniel