[asterisk-users] Area code 757 "Car warranty" calls

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:07:26 CDT 2009

Given the technology that lets folks who have equipment that listens to
the radio and automatically identifies the recordings being played to
generate Top 40 lists, allocate royalty payments to copyright owners,
etc.

It seems that it should be possible to automatically scan voicemail
recordings and identify these messages.  And getting a connection
to a voice mailbox requires a 3 -way handshake so we can record the ip
number the call originated from.  So it should be possible to generate
a dns black list similar to the ones used for email spam.

everything except the scanning of voicemail boxes and identifying
the voice spam is easy.  Don't know if it's too late to propose a
Google Summer of Code project.  But I bet some bright electrical
engineering students who are into signal processing might have a
lot of fun working on something  like this, and might well succeed
in creating the missing piece of this puzzle.

Drew Einhorn