[asterisk-users] "Magic SIP Phone"

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Mar 19 18:04:12 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Christian Victor
<christian at victormedia.de> wrote:
>> > grandstream gxp-2000 works fine for that.
>> > depending on firmware rev its two ports are either a switch or router.
>>
>> Grandstream removed this functionality in recent softwware upgrades - I
>> guess they needed the code space for other things.
>
> Why would you want a router in the phone and not let the PC connected to the
> phones internal (mini) switch get an IP from the DHCP server in the cable
> box? Or will that deliver only ONE IP at a time?
>
> Chris

I still have a bunch of GS 486s that were overstock from my webstore days.

They are great little ATA/Routers for just a few bucks!  I still use
them regularly as either just ATAs on conference phones (POTS Polycoms
and for the router piece since there i no NAT to worry about.

It makes shipping a unit to a non-technical customer a breeze.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro