[asterisk-users] Hardware suggestions

David fire ddfire at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:38:02 CDT 2009

i am very far away to be an expert
in my experience i prefer to use a cluster of normal computers instead of an
expensive one.
if one go down you can trhow it and buy a new one any where very fast.
using opensip and *Heartbeat* you you can have an failsafe system.
dive in the mailing list archive in February a very nice user sent an email
about how to do load balancing using opensip.
regards
David

2009/3/19 Mike <list at virtutel.ca>

>  Hi,
>

> I`m looking for reliable and redundant hardware for Asterisk.  I`ve been
> leaning towards buying one of these (HP 360 G5 with everything as redundant
> as possible), which I know will be good enough for a few months before
> needing to upgrade:
>

> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/en/WF05a/15351-15351-3328412-241644-241475-1121486.html
>

> Questions:
>
> 1) Any reason why I shouldn't? (bad past experience with HP hardware and
> Asterisk for example)
>
> 2) Should I go Quad core or Dual-core?  I will certainly go with two
> processors (to start, simply for redundancy).
>
> 3) When installing the OS (CentOS is what I generally use) should I install
> it 64 bits or 32 bits? (does it even matter for Asterisk?)
>

> I will possibly be running a very little used Apache and FTP server.  The
> only notable thing running with Asterisk will be MySQL for CDR and other
> dialplan data.
>

> Regards,
>

> Mike

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.