[asterisk-users] Is adding "sip show username" easy ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:23:52 CDT 2009

Hi,

Currently, in both 1.4.23.1 and 1.6.0.5, "sip show peers" displays lines of
data.
In each data line, the first field is "Name/username".

Let's say the value of this field is "Foo/0123456789".
If I type "sip show peer Foo", I've got a long value list.

Would it be easy to add "sip show username" so that typing "sip show peer
0123456789" would show the same list of values than "sip show peer Foo" for
each peer which has valued 0123456789 to "username" field ?

If I'm using a MAC address as a peer Name and the extension number as
username, this "sip show username" addition would allow me to monitor
Asterisk's activity using an extension value which is more handly than using
a MAC address.

Regards