[asterisk-users] Script to softly restart Asterisk each midnight to clean locked channels

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Thu Mar 19 10:46:36 CDT 2009

Mindaugas Kezys escribió:

> As Asterisk has inner problems and channels very often locks we have
> such script to restart Asterisk each midnight.

<snip>

That is the things we must help to solve for not having to do to
something like this on asterisk servers. Fortunately I use 1.4.22
version which has proved to me to be quite stable, judging from this uptime:

System uptime: 1 week, 2 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes, 53 seconds
Last reload: 10 hours, 31 minutes, 33 seconds

Upgrading to 1.4.23.1 resulted in random core dumps (suspecting attended
transfers issue) but unfortunately I've had no time to debug it and make
a good bug report. My case is a 24/7/365 non-stop call center, so I
didn't have another choice but to rollback.

I hope some of us just can help asterisk be better by trying to use the
latest version at least on testing environments, to not having to
maintain an "internal version" and cherrypicking patches that may or may
not resolve the issues that we could experience.

Just my 2 cents...

--
Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología