[asterisk-users] incoming call problem from pri

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Thu Mar 19 04:53:33 CDT 2009

2009/3/19 Oguzhan Kayhan <oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr>

> Hi, i managed to connect to Ericsson MD110 with PRI at last.
> And made a successful call thru asterisk to ericsson.
>
> But when i try to call from ericsson to asterisk i got an error on
> asterisk side.
> And i couldnt figure out why.
>
> Here's my extensions.conf about incoming calls.
>
> [DID_span_1]
> include = DID_span_1_timeinterval_all,${timeinterval_all}
> DID_span_1_timeinterval_all]
> exten = s,1,Goto(default,8000,1)
>

> I am forwarding all calls coming from PRI trunk to extension 8000 in
> asterisk.
> and what i got on debug of asterisk when i create a call from pbx to
> asterisk..
>
>  Extension '8000' in context 'DID_span_1' from '' does not exist.
> Rejecting call on channel 0/4, span 1
>

> What can it be the error.??

It would appear you are sending calls to extension 8000, but, as the error
message indicates, there is no extension 8000 in the context you are sending
the call to, there's only an 's' extension...

The s extension isn't a wildcard extension so won't match the inbound call
to 8000... if you had exten => 8000,1,Goto(default,8000,1) in the inbound
context then that would match and the call would be sent to extension 8000
in the default context, which is probably the functionality you are
expecting...