[asterisk-users] work around the 64 pickupgroups limit

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Wed Mar 18 17:24:14 CDT 2009

On 17/03/2009 9:10 a.m., Doug wrote:

> This looks great!  A few questions...
>   >
>   >in the standard extension macro we add a line:
>
> Is this in extensions.conf?

Yeah, we have a macro (which is in the default extensions.conf) which we
add that line to.

>   >
>   >exten =>  s,n,Set(_PICKUPMARK=${DB(pickupgroup/${ARG1})})
>   >
>   >Where ARG1 is the extension about to be called (i.e. 201)
>   >
>   >When someone dials 29 to pickup:
>   >
>   >exten =>  29,1,Pickup(${DB(pickupgroup/${CALLERID(number)})}@PICKUPMARK)
>
> Would this also be in extensions.conf?

Yep, we have a context which we put applications in that users can use
(i.e. voicemail, echo test, pickup etc - this is added there)

>   >
>   >So to make extension 201 in pickup group 1 just do:
>   >
>   >asterisk -rx 'database put pickupgroup 201 1'
>
> So this is a command line argument.  Can this
> be automated?  Whenever we do a reload, can
> this be stored?

The database lasts across restarts - so once you put it in, it is in.

You can do it from the commandline, Asterisk Manager, or even from
extensions.conf.  For example you could make it that if someone dials
1234x, their pickup group is set to x.

I.E.

exten => _1234x,1,Set(${DB(pickupgroup/${CALLERID(number)})}=${EXTEN:4})

--
Kind Regards,

Matt Riddell
Director