[asterisk-users] Global h exten

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Wed Mar 18 13:44:17 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Steve Edwards
<asterisk.org at sedwards.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Gabriel Ortiz Lour wrote:
>
> >  Is there something like a global h exten, that gets called on every
> > hang up, no matter what exten?
>
> (no matter what context)
>
> Nope -- but it sounds like a great idea.
>
> I do it this way...
>
> I define an "h" template:
>
>        [h](!)
>                exten = h,1,                    goto(finish-call,h,1)
>
> And then every context references the template:
>
>        [block-me](digit-timeout,h,i,max-timeout,pound-main,s)

That's an elegant way to do it, another in AEL, would be to define a
context with an h-exten, and include it in your other contexts...

Just beware, that the h-exten is NOT ALWAYS called; the in the
channel/peer role world, the h-exten is usually called on just
the channel in the channel role.  The parking manager doesn't
run the h-exten if a channel hangs up while parked.  And channel
and peer roles can sometimes get a bit confused in transfer
scenarios. The truth of each sentence above will surely change
with new releases...

murf

--
Steve Murphy