[asterisk-users] SPA3102 - How to save config in a file

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Mar 17 08:39:13 CDT 2009

2009/3/17 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>

>  I’m not sure how this work with Linksys, but with Polycom, you just
> “touch” a file in the TFTP directory (syncinfo.xml), and this causes the
> phone to do it’s file transfers on reboot.   Could be a Polycom thing, but
> I’d bet there’s a fair chance that they work similarly.

Unfortunately, 3102's embedded server is silent about that.

I won't be surprised you could upload a config file using DHCP options, but
it's not easy to guess all parameters ...

I'll open another thread on that, but you meet standalone devices that
ideally, should retrieve from a server, a config file when booting and
backup config data from time to time ...
I don't know if, playing with TFTP, DHCP and http load testers, it's
possible to provide auto-provision services to those devices ...