[asterisk-users] Problem with Verizon Wireless

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:58:42 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:47 PM, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good luck having Verizon change that.
> In the meantime why don't you try implementing a call screen feature
> so that the call is not considered answered until a key is pressed by
> the one answering? That way the caller will still hear ringing until
> the one answering presses that key.

Maybe I don't understand this suggestion.

I think your suggestion applys to my sip phones/atas,
but they are not the problem.

The problem is that when Verizon's network notices the the cell phone
is currently not on their network, they pick up the call and answer with a
voice error message (sometimes after only one ring), before anybody
has a chance to answer on a sip device.

Or, am I misunderstanding you suggestion.

--
Drew Einhorn