[asterisk-users] Problem with Verizon Wireless

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Mon Mar 16 18:43:31 CDT 2009

Nextel does that, pickups up after x rings and says 'The Nextel subscriber you are trying to reach is unavailable, please try your call again later".

I'm not sure what Verizon or Nextel called this "feature" or what advantage is it for the carrier to play it versus just letting it ring forever...

In general I've had similar issues, customers want voicemail and single number reach delivers the call to the device that answers, be it a home answering machine, cell phone voicemail, etc.  I haven't had a customer keep single number reach as one call in can burn 4 or more channels out to each device.  Doesn't scale real well.