[asterisk-users] t38 iax trunk

dubravko caric dubravko_caric at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 05:05:16 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a question regarding using T38 for fax sending and here is my scenario:

fax -> SIP ATA (T38 enabled) -> Asterisk #1 -> IAX TRUNK -> Asterisk #2 -> SIP ATA (T38 enabled) -> fax

My question is, how can I know if I'm really using T38? is T38 information coming to the other side (because of SIP to IAX conversion) or just plain g711a data?

I'm using Linksys SPA2102, Asterisk 1.4.22 (configured with t38pt_udptl = yes) and I have a pretty good link so faxes are going through even if T38 is switched off. Interesting thing  is that faxes are going through even when one ATA is T38 enabled and the other isn't...

Thanks for help

/dubravko