[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 ReceiveFAX problem

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 21:43:25 CDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM, MaxGao <ssmax at 126.com> wrote:
> and many times when reciving tax , the E1 card will down , all the channel
> get red alarm...
>
> [Mar 16 09:49:19] DEBUG[20928] chan_dahdi.c: Monitor doohicky got event
> Alarm on channel 2
> [Mar 16 09:49:19] WARNING[20928] chan_dahdi.c: Detected alarm on channel 2:
> Recovering

You shouldn't be getting red alarms on your lines. Maybe a wiring or
voltage problem?
Or maybe a dahdi soft config that isn't correct for the lines?
Or whatever you're plugging into on the other end is having problems?

Do you plug from the phone company straight into the DE410P?

A fax is just a phone call with tones that represent data. If you were
doing voice you would probably be having the same problem. Work on
getting calls in without getting the red alarms. I don't think there's
any link between SpanDSP versions and red alarms on your card.