[asterisk-users] 428 Loop Detected

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:01:03 CDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi I looked at few emails related to this subject. And still not sure
>> how to solve the loop detect problem for my case
>>
>> iqbala at improvise:/etc/asterisk$ cat sip.conf
>>
>> [general]
>> context=line1
>>
>> [phone]
>> type=friend
>> context=phone1
>> secret=g00dpazzwerd
>> bindport=5060
>> host=192.168.1.106
>> dtmfmode=rfc2833
>>
>> [line]
>> type=friend
>> context=line1
>> secret=anothers33cret
>> bindport=5061
>> host=192.168.1.106
>> dtmfmode=rfc2833
>>
>> iqbala at improvise:/etc/asterisk$ cat extensions.conf
>> [default]
>> exten => s,1,Answer
>> exten => s,2,Wait(2)
>> exten => s,3,Playback(tt-monkeys)
>> exten => s,4,Hangup
>>
>> [from-internal]
>> include => default
>>
>> [phone1]
>>
>> [from-pstn]
>> ;include => default
>> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/phone at phone,10)
>> exten => s,2,Voicemail(line)
>> exten => s,3,Hangup
>>
>> [line1]
>>

>> So my home land line is going to the FXO port and my home phone is
>> hanging off of FXS port.
>>
>> Here are the contexts for my fxo/fxs card
>>

>> improvise*CLI> dahdi show channels
>>   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
>>  pseudo            default                    default
>>      1            from-internal              default
>>      2            from-internal              default
>>      3            from-pstn                  default
>>      4            from-pstn                  default
>>

>> I want to call from my cell and make my home phone ring and if I dont
>> pickup in 10 secs I want the call
>> go to my voicemail. But I am getting a loop detect. The debug output
>> is attached.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> --
>> Asif Iqbal
>> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
>> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

> Am I missing something or is your setup dahdi/zaptel only?  What is
> the SIP stuff for?  You are doing all TDM, no VoIP from what I gather.

I am probably missing something, being a newbie. I have a 4 port
fxs/fxo (2/2) card.

My land line is going to one of the FXO port and my home phone is connected
to one of the FXS port.

I want to be able to call my phone number from external phone (cell phone)
and have my home phone ring. And if I do not pick up the phone in 10 secs I want
the voicemail to pickup the call.

I do have a dialtone when pick up my phone that is attached to the FXS port
of my asterisk server

> --
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro
> +18887771888 (Toll Free)
> +12409381212 (Cell)
> +12024369784 (Skype)

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?