[asterisk-users] getting free Did number for asterisk

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Mar 14 13:56:08 CDT 2009

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009, Meftah Tayeb wrote:

> please ho to get a free did number for my asterisk ?

Yes. You did not specify which part of the world you want a DID, but
searching voip-info.org for "free did" should give you some clues.

> also, is it pocible to assign it to a group of extentions ?

Yes. Some providers have you enter your server details on their web site,
some have you configure your Asterisk server to register to their server.

Once you are receiving calls, you can do what you please.

Thanks in advance,