[asterisk-users] Serving 120 concurrent calls

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Mar 13 04:27:35 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 09:42:28PM +0000, Tarek Sawah wrote:

> Hello,
> a local prison contacted us regarding some calling card solution.
> they need 4 E1s to serve 120 rooms in that prison.

120 concurrent calls? (do you assume that most of those lines will be
busy most of the time?)

Normally they aren't.

You also didn't mention what type of outgoing lines / trunks /
whatever-you-call-it you had in mind.

> we are planning on using 4 servers to serve the calls and one for the
> database servers' specifications are:

If you have any trunks: where are they from in any of those servers?

> 2.8 Dual Core Proccessors
> 2 GB Ram
> 160 Sata Drive
> each server will be provided with 1 E1 card
> Questions are:
> 1- will those servers be able to handle that ammount of calls?'

Sure. I suspect you have a slight overkill (maybe with too many points of
failure)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com