[asterisk-users] Serving 120 concurrent calls

Tarek Sawah tareksawah at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:42:28 CDT 2009

Hello,
a local prison contacted us regarding some calling card solution.
they need 4 E1s to serve 120 rooms in that prison.
we are planning on using 4 servers to serve the calls and one for the database
servers' specifications are:
2.8 Dual Core Proccessors
2 GB Ram
160 Sata Drive
each server will be provided with 1 E1 card
Questions are:
1- will those servers be able to handle that ammount of calls?'
2- the important issue is that they require call recording on all calls.. which means we will have to record ALL calls going out of the system .. which means we will need a call recroding.. will the four Asterisk servers handle the recording process or we will need external assistant? and if it was the second choice what is the best suggestion? is there a way to force an Asterisk server to record remote channels?

-- AHD Tarek Sawah Integrated Digital Systems CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, VoIP Syria: +963 944 618286 USA: +1 347 562 2308