[asterisk-users] log to cdr each dialpan action, not only one record for each call

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Mar 12 14:56:51 CDT 2009

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, nik600 wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Matt Riddell <lists at venturevoip.com> wrote:
>> On 13/03/2009 8:02 a.m., nik600 wrote:
>>> Hi to all.
>>>
>>> What can i do if a customer needs to log in the CDR all the dialpan
>>> actions related to a call? I mean, not only the lastapp e the lastdata
>>> but all the dialpan actions!
>>>
>>> I know that the actual CDR system store one record for each call (and
>>> for billing purposes this can be correct) but in some cases the
>>> approach needed is something similar to the queue_log.
>>>
>>> I know that exists ResetCDR and ForkCDR but they don't do what i need,
>>> expecially because they fill-in lastdata and lastapp with "ResetCDR"
>>>
>>> So, what can i do?
>>
>> Use the Asterisk Manager with UserEvent?
>>
> UserEvent can be useful, but i have to place it into the dialplan in
> many points.
>
> With a large dialplan it's a problem.

I do this with "resetcdr(w)" at the top of each context and then log each
of the CDRs to a modified copy of cdr_addon_mysql.c.

It was a bit of a hassle setting up, but it works great.

For this client, each context represents different products which are
billed at different rates. At the end of the call, an AGI sums the
duration for each "product," calculates the total and bills their credit
card.

Thanks in advance,