[asterisk-users] Outgoing call drops

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Thu Mar 12 14:51:30 CDT 2009

2009/3/12 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>

>  Greetings Listers,
>
>                           I’m running 1.4.21.2 on SUSE 11.0 with and zaptel
> 1.4.12.1 on a TDM400P.  Most of my calls work great, but occasionally we try
> to connect to a customer or vendor external conference call and the call
> will drop after 60-65 seconds unless I have an Answer before the Dial in the
> dialplan.  Isn’t this solution a hack and what would be a better one?
> Thanks in Advance.

Unfortunately, when dealing with analogue lines, hacks are quite often
needed... I'd suggest that in this case something is causing asterisk (or
perhaps the card if polarity reversal is used) to fail to detect the fact
that ringing has ended or an answer signal has been passed when calling
these numbers... As such a timeout occurs...

You'd need to provide more information to pinpoint the exact issue... but...
the only real solution to getting reliable in call event signalling is to
use digital lines (or IP services that use digital lines or all IP) though
some analogue services do a better job using polarity reversals which makes
it much more reliable, the fact that these services are few and far between
makes that not an option for most...