[asterisk-users] log to cdr each dialpan action, not only one record for each call

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Thu Mar 12 14:44:34 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Matt Riddell <lists at venturevoip.com> wrote:

> On 13/03/2009 8:02 a.m., nik600 wrote:
> > Hi to all.
> >
> > What can i do if a customer needs to log in the CDR all the dialpan
> > actions related to a call?
> > I mean, not only the lastapp e the lastdata but all the dialpan actions!
> >
> > I know that the actual CDR system store one record for each call (and
> > for billing purposes this can be correct) but in some cases the
> > approach needed is something similar to the queue_log.
> >
> > I know that exists ResetCDR and ForkCDR but they don't do what i need,
> > expecially because they fill-in lastdata and lastapp with "ResetCDR"
> >
> > So, what can i do?
>
> Use the Asterisk Manager with UserEvent?

I think Matt's approach is more practical; Really, you can't just use the
CDR logs, because that's what isn't enough for you. Some folks have reported
getting by with a mix of CDR's and manager events, but ooohhhh, it's ugly!
It can be done, tho.

But  you could read my proposed CDR doc by checking it out of SVN:

svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/murf/RFCs

and reading the pdf in the dir that will be created, and letting me know
what you think of it. The Leg-based approach with your own splits might
be the ticket you are interested in.

Now, I might add this: surely you are jesting about *every* dialplan
command!
Most dialplan apps that get used are things like "gotoIf" and such, that
take
some number of microseconds to execute. It'd be silly timing such, as the
CDR records are currently rounded off to whole seconds. My current thinking
is to specify exactly which app invocations you want to track; those
involved
with dialing would be automatically tracked. Or time groups of invocations
via
forcing a leg-split via a simple dialplan application call...

again, read the doc, and let me know what you think.

murf

--
Steve Murphy
ParseTree Corp