[asterisk-users] Is it possible to get full callin number from E1?

Thu Mar 12 13:37:13 CDT 2009

ssmax wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i have just set up a asterisk in china, using DE410P and one E1 line
> and get a phone number like: +86 020 87654321 from my sp when
> somebody dial  +86 020 87654321 , the asterisk will get the call in
> number by ${EXTEN} variable, but it can only get 87654321, no area
> code . when someone dial  +86 020 87654321xxxx , xxxx means 4 digits,
> the phone can call in, and the  ${EXTEN}  is only  87654321 too , is
> it possible to get  full call in number 87654321xxxx  in asterisk ?
> thanks  -------------- ssmax 2009-03-12

On Asterisk side you can not configure what your telco will send you.

Enable pri debugging ("pri debug span 1" or "pri set debug on span 1"
debpending on your Asterisk version).

Then call the number and watch the logging on the Asterisk console. you
will see an incoming SETUP message. Take a look at the "Called Numer"
Information Element. The called number is signaled as a number within a
certain context (ToN=type of number). Probably the provider is sending
you the called number with ToN=local or unknown, as you do not see the
area code. Ask the provider to send you the called number with different
ToN e.g. national and you should see the whole number.

regards
klaus