[asterisk-users] BRI/ISDN, misdn.conf/misdn-init.conf, OpenVOX B100P and Etisalat in Dubai

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 08:34:35 CDT 2009

Hi All,

We've got msidn configured:

Port  1: TE-mode BRI S/T interface line (for phone lines)
 -> Protocol: DSS1 (Euro ISDN)
 -> childcnt: 2
--------

mISDN_close: fid(3) isize(131072) inbuf(0x8fd5060) irp(0x8fd5060)
iend(0x8fd5060)

 and running on Asterisk 1.4.21.2:

pbx*CLI> misdn show stacks
BEGIN STACK_LIST:
  * Port 1 Type TE Prot. PMP L2Link UP L1Link:UP Blocked:0  Debug:0

but I'm not sure how to check our settings are right with Etisalat, as
above then goes to:

pbx*CLI> misdn show stacks
BEGIN STACK_LIST:
  * Port 1 Type TE Prot. PMP L2Link DOWN L1Link:DOWN Blocked:0  Debug:0

/etc/misdn-init.conf:

card=1,hfcpci
te_ptmp=1
poll=128
dsp_poll=128
dsp_options=0
dtmfthreshold=100
debug=0

/etc/asterisk/misdn.conf:

[general]
debug = 0
method=standard
bridging=no
stop_tone_after_first_digit=yes
append_digits2exten=yes
dynamic_crypt=no
crypt_prefix=**
crypt_keys=test,muh

[default]
context=misdn
language=en
musicclass=default
senddtmf=yes
far_alerting=no
allowed_bearers=all
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0
txgain=0
te_choose_channel=no
pmp_l1_check=no
reject_cause=16
need_more_infos=no
nttimeout=no
method=standard
dialplan=0
localdialplan=0
cpndialplan=0
early_bconnect=yes
incoming_early_audio=no
nodialtone=no
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
presentation=-1
screen=-1
echocancel=yes
jitterbuffer=4000
jitterbuffer_upper_threshold=0
hdlc=no

[isdn]
ports=1
context=from-pstn
msns=*

Now we've setup PRi before, but not BRI and not in Dubai.

If anyone has an idea or config that would be great and I'd make sure
it goes on voip-info.org for others too.

Thanks,
Gavin.