[asterisk-users] Manager API and astmanproxy

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Mar 12 05:05:16 CDT 2009

For a long time now we've used the astmanproxy process to handle manager
connections (75+ clients) so that these clients can tap into the
dialplan / send commands etc.

We use astmanproxy because at that time the manager connection routines
of asterisk did not cope well with numerous connections, either
permanent or as-needed.

Does anyone have any experience of later versions of asterisk (we
currently use 1.4 trunk, although we started to use astmanproxy with
1.2)  and how the manager API works under a large load ?

I want to remove the need to have astmanproxy (just another process that
may go wrong).

Julian