[asterisk-users] ATCom Phones - AT 510/AT530

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Mar 12 04:20:40 CDT 2009

Anyone here used these phones?

I'm getting more and more frustrated by todays modern crop of routers with
their so-called SIP ALGs which are invariably broken, or routers with
built-in ATAs which block internal SIP phones from working, so looking to
use IAX for some end-users.

I already support it for people who want to use (eg) Zoiper and use IAX a
lot to plumb boxes together, but never used IAX for many end-uers.

Atcom seem to make a lot of Asterisk compatible kit, so I'd hope the
phones were OK, but anyone here actually used them - functionality, voice
quality, general "usability" and so on?

I'm not looking for a high-end phone here - the sort of people who're
going to a "hosted" solution aren't those people (at least in my market),
so what I'm after is a "fire and forget" solution - as by the time you've
contacted the customer, persuaded them to buy a a new router, gone
on-site, etc. you've lost any margin possible...

So any comments on them welcome!

Cheers,

Gordon