[asterisk-users] Are .call files working with extensions.ael ?

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Wed Mar 11 19:26:45 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> With an extensions.ael enabled system, I keep getting whatever I change
> into my "astup.call" file :
>
> [Mar 12 00:13:56] WARNING[2538]: pbx_spool.c:267 apply_outgoing: At least
> one of app or extension (or keyword message/pdu) must be specified, along
> with tech and dest in file /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/astup.call
> [Mar 12 00:13:56] WARNING[2538]: pbx_spool.c:457 scan_service: Invalid file
> contents in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/astup.call, deleting
> [Mar 12 00:13:56] WARNING[2538]: pbx_spool.c:505 scan_thread: Failed to
> scan service '/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/astup.call'

Olivier--

It's complaining that you don't have  "Extension: ---- "  and  "Priority:
..... " lines in your call file, along with the context,
The Channel: lines calls one phone, the Context, Extension, and priority say
what to execute for the other channel,
and the two are bridged.

Whether the context, exten, and priority specified are in an AEL supplied
dialplan or an extensions.conf
dialplan, doesn't matter. You can even mix both together to form a dialplan.

Let's see, I have a call file laying around...

Channel: Sip/snom
Context: workext
Extension: 983075878001

This will ring the phone specified in Channel, and when it answers, it will
run the extension you specify, and connect the two. (in this case it will
dial the "movie hot line" in Cody, WY, and the leading "98" says to use
a certain ISP to place the call.

murf

> With an extensions.conf enabled system, the same "astup.call" file would
> work.
>
> Has anyone tried ?
> Any hint ?
>
> Channel: sip/700 at mylocal
> CallerID: 692 <692>
> MaxRetries: 1
> WaitTime: 60
> RetryTime: 5
> Context: mylocal
> Extension: 00123457530
>
> I suppose I should have written "mylocal" context in a different way as my
> extensions.ael includes :
>
> context mylocal {
>         includes {
>                 subs;