[asterisk-users] Sending faxes with T.38 problem. Asterisk - 1.6.0.6

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Mar 11 09:41:42 CDT 2009

Santiago Gimeno wrote:
> I finally solved the issue by changing the resolution and the width of
> the TIFF file to one that is accepted by the fax standard. In my case
> I changed to a resolution of 96x96 and a width of 1728.
>
> Now I am able to send faxes, but something weird is happening, the fax
> received in the fax-machine has the black and white colours inverted.
> Any ideas why this could be happening?
There is a optional parameter in TIFF files which swaps black and white.
It seldom affects people, so it was only fixed very recently.
spandsp-0.0.6pre6 automatically allows for this swapping. Alternatively,
whatever you use to generate the TIFF can probably be set to generate
files with black and white the normal way around.

96x96 is not a valid FAX resolution. Did you mean 204dpi x 98dpi, or
204dpi x 196dpi? Those are the valid standard and fine resolutions for FAX.

Steve