[asterisk-users] how to configure for incoming message-summary SUBSCRIBE

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Mar 11 06:00:30 CDT 2009

My understanding of current SIP MWI handling is:
- no matter if an endpoint subscribed to receive message summaries, Asterisk
will a summary to it if sip.conf mailbox entry is filled.
- I couldn't find any SIP hardphone setting (i used a Thomson ST2030), that
would make the hardphone send a SUBSCRIBE without rejecting corresponding
NOTIFYs from Asterisk (I confess I didn't spend much time in my trials).

bottom line:
- I set the phone not to send any SUBSCRIBE as it accepted default NOTIFYs
from Asterisk and rejected any custom NOTIFYs I could build.

Hope this helps ...