[asterisk-users] Odd occurrence

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Mar 10 15:00:49 CDT 2009

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Brent Davidson
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 2:52 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Odd occurrence

Danny Nicholas wrote:

Greetings listers,

                         I am running Asterisk 1.4.21.2 on Suse 11.0 on a
Dual Processor Dell Poweredge 1650.  I recently attempted to update the BIOS
and now have this happen:

When the machine starts up, Asterisk runs fine.  When I do a large wget or
scp, the local SIP to SIP quality goes to heck in a handbasket.  The only
resolution I've found so far is to completely restart the machine.
Obviously this is unacceptable.  Has anyone else had this type of thing
occur?

Thanks in advance

Danny Nicholas

Are you using an on-board nic?  If so, then it's possible the bios upgrade
changed an operating parameter for the NIC.

It is an on-board nic.  A temporary solution has been to do this

Ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0

Not as drastic as a reboot or even an Asterisk restart.  Of course the good
folks at Novell presently have the opensuse.download site offline so I'm
sort of stuck.