[asterisk-users] Sending faxes with T.38 problem. Asterisk - 1.6.0.6

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Mar 10 10:46:39 CDT 2009

----- "Benny Amorsen" <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:

> Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> writes:
>
> > This was filed as an issue and is being tracked at
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12437. Thus far
> > I have created a branch for Asterisk 1.4 that changes the behavior
> to accept the incoming INVITE with
> > either audio and T38, or only T38 (if we only got T38).
>
> It is a little discouraging for us 1.6'ers when developers focus on
> the
> 1.4 branch... Particularly for something like T.38, which otherwise
> works much better in 1.6.x. It is easy to get the impression that
> many
> of the main Asterisk programmers are more familiar with 1.4 than with
> 1.6.
>
> Apart from that, life in 1.6-land is good, everyone come try it! In
> 1.6,
> calls from SPA-2102's with T.38 to PAP2T's without T.38 work fine;
> something I never got working in 1.4.x.

The issue is going to be fixed in 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 as well but it was reported against
1.4 and is also an issue there. 1.4 was also the version a lot of the people mentioning the
issue were using so it made sense to base it off of that. Now that I've gotten some positive feedback
from that I'm going to spend some time to also get it into a branch off of 1.6.0. Once I get some more
positive feedback from both I'll then commit my changes to 1.4/1.6.0/1.6.1.

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer