[asterisk-users] Compiling OSLEC in Dahdi w/ Intel Optimizations

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Mar 10 09:26:03 CDT 2009

I am about to setup a new machine and based on a thread in the freetel-oslec
list, I came across the idea of compiling Intel optimizations in when using
oslec w/ dahdi. So I edit dahdi-linux-complete-2.1.0.4+2.1.0.2/linux/drivers/dahdi/dahdi_config.h
to #define CONFIG_DAHDI_MMX which on its own wont compile. It was suggested to
edit dahdi-linux-complete-2.1.0.4+2.1.0.2/linux/drivers/dahdi/Kbuild and add
CFLAGS_MODULE += -I\$(DAHDI_INCLUDE) -I\$(src) -DUSE_MMX -DUSE_SSE2 but that
didn't help.

Why does enabling the mmx in dahdi_config.h break compilation? And is it even
worthwhile to enable?

Thanks!
jlc