[asterisk-users] Asterisk and WebIntegration

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Tue Mar 10 06:21:42 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:40 AM, Kurian Thayil <kurianmthayil at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way that I can include call dialing functionality in a
> webinterface. I have EyeBeam configured with a SIP user say
> 8440. Will I be able to design an inteface which agent can choose a number
> and the Dial without punching in the number in
> Eyebeam.
> I tried using the .call file. ie The agent can choose which number to dial
> from a web interface. Then, a .call file is
> created with the following informations.
>
> Channel: Zap/g2/9444204943
> Context: inbound_support
> Extension: 8440
>
> Now, in the extensions.conf file, I mentioned the following under
> inbound_support context.
>
> [inbound_support]
> exten =>8440,1,Dial(SIP/8440,55,tTo)
> exten =>8440,2,Answer
> exten =>8440,3,Hangup
>
> But, here the call gets connected only when the receiver end receives the
> call. When the receiver end picks up the phone,
> SIP/8440 rings.
>
> Is there any other way to implement this. I am not ready to use Vicidial
> (AstGUIClient) because the interface to be designed
> is too custom and the agent should have the list of numbers in front of
> them while they dial which cannot be done using
> Vicicial.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kurian Mathew Thayil.

The following will ring the internal support personnel (8440) first, after
answered, it will then dial the customer (14109850123) (Are you in
Maryland?)

Turn on auto-answer and it should be seamless.

Stolen from Wiki:

To create a call to 14109850123 on a SIP phones called bt101, here's the
file you'd create in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing (whatever name is good, of
course must be accessible and deletable by asterisk GNU/Linux user):

Channel: SIP/8440
MaxRetries: 1
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30

#
# Assuming that your outgoing call logic is kept in the #  context
called [outgoing]

# Context: outgoing
# Extension: 14109850123

--