[asterisk-users] Parked Calls in 1.4.23.1

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Mon Mar 9 23:44:03 CDT 2009

Darrick Hartman wrote:
> I know the call parking feature changed in 1.4.23.1 to fix some serious
> issues.  I'm seeing a major change though which I find disturbing.
>
> A person parks a call by transferring it to the parking position (700).
> When the timeout value is reached, the call is NOT returned to that
> device, but rather the 's' extension of the phone's registered context
> (in this case [unrestricted]).
>
>      -- Executing [700 at unrestricted:1] Park("SIP/100-08217d38", "") in
> new stack
>    == Parked SIP/100-08217d38 on 701 at parkedcalls. Will timeout back to
> extension [unrestricted] s, 1 in 60 seconds
>      -- Added extension '701' priority 1 to parkedcalls
>      -- <SIP/100-08217d38> Playing 'digits/7' (language 'en')
>      -- <SIP/100-08217d38> Playing 'digits/0' (language 'en')
>      -- <SIP/100-08217d38> Playing 'digits/1' (language 'en')
>      -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on SIP/100-08217d38
>

> Is there any way to have the call returned to the device that parked the
> call (without creating a separate context for each device).
>
> For now I created an extension in the [unrestricted] context which sends
> the call back to the IVR menu, but that's just annoying to the person
> who placed the call.  It should come back to the original device that
> parked the call.  Always did before.

There will be a couple of new release candidates going out tomorrow morning. Can
you test them once they are announced to determine if this is still an issue? If
so, then I would suggest you verify the bug does not exist on the bug tracker
already, and if it doesn't, then you can open a new issue.

Thanks!
Leif Madsen.