[asterisk-users] Fwd: add a new queue strategy: SBR

nik600 nik600 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:44:09 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Mark Michelson <mmichelson at digium.com> wrote:
> The reason that the member always appears to be "not in use" is that local
> channels are optimized away once they are bridged to their real destination. The
> result of this is that since the channel does not exist anymore, the device
> state engine interprets the interface to be "not in use" anymore. One way to
> handle this issue is to change your AddQueueMember call to use
> Local/${EXTEN:3}@agents/n (notice the /n at the end). The /n tells the local
> channel driver to not attempt to optimize the local channel away.
>
> If you are using Asterisk version 1.6.0 or above, an even better method would be
> to specify a second interface to poll for device state when adding the queue
> member. Assuming that the member at Local/${EXTEN:3}@agents will always call
> SIP/${EXTEN:3}, then what you are really interested in when receiving device
> state notifications is the SIP channel, not the local channel. You can specify
> this second state interface in AddQueueMember like so:
>
> AddQueueMember(001,Local/${EXTEN:3}@agents,,,,SIP/${EXTEN:3})
>
> Doing this will tell app_queue to use the SIP channel's device state to
> determine if the member is available, but when it comes time to call the agent,
> it will actually place the call to the local channel provided.
>
> Mark Michelson

Thanks, i've tested and it works (1.4.23.1).

Just 2 questions:

1) this approach seems to be an "hack" and not the implementation of a
feature is it really used in corporate solutions?
2) using queue show 001 i can't see the ringing status, is that
correct (In Use, Not in Use,Paused works now properly)?

Maybe polling the device state using the SIP channel would be better,
but as you told me this feature is available only on 1.6.x.

Thanks for your time.

Bye

--
nik600