[asterisk-users] Faxing success rate on PRI

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Mar 8 07:46:34 CDT 2009

benoit wrote:
> Remco Barendse a écrit :
>
>> On Sun, 8 Mar 2009, benoit wrote:
>>

>>> Here is my current setup:
>>>
>>>    E1 => [Asterisk with TE220p] => IAX Trunk (routed network) =>
>>> [Asterisk with TDM800p] => Fax/Copy Machine

You'll find that faxing over IAX is problematic at best.

If this is your only option, I'd suggest that you have HylaFAX+ running
at both ends.  Capture the faxes coming off of the E1 as PDF, do a
remote send to the other fax server and have the remote HylaFAX+ do the
faxing to the fax/copy machine.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: