[asterisk-users] Join today Asterisk VOIP meeting online 10A-6P PST = 6P-2A GMT Sat Mar 7 BerkeleyTIP

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sat Mar 7 08:29:25 CST 2009

Hi everyone :)

If you have the time, I invite you to join with the global Asterisk, All
Free SW, GNU(Linux) BSD, free hardware & free culture meeting today,
BerkeleyTIP.

10AM - 6PM Pacific time (GMT - 8H) = 1P - 9P Eastern US, = 6P - 2A GMT
Saturday March 7

We meet online with a VOIP conference, & using the #berkeleytip IRC
channel on freenode.net.
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

Two important VOIP topics in today's meeting are
1) Compiling & installing the latest Ekiga ver 3 sw, &
2) Preparing for creating our own Asterisk VOIP conference room server.

Here's the website,
and mailing list you can join
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal
(Click "join this group" on the right side of the page.)

The best way to get started is by joining the IRC channel, & from there
we'll help you get onto VOIP.

If you're looking for a VOIP headset, Radio Shack currently has some
good prices, & sales, on both regular & usb models. about $13-25.

Email me if you have any questions.  Do you think you'll be able to join
with us?  There might be likely about 5-10 people online.  I'm building
it up slowly month by month.

If you are interested, I hope to hear from you.

Best wishes   :)