[asterisk-users] IAX based war dialer

Don Fanning don at 00100100.net
Fri Mar 6 15:48:32 CST 2009

Umm... Caller ID spoofing and DSP audio processing of called numbers are two
entirely different subjects.

And as far as creating more laws:
I say fix the damn technology first (Caller ID) before wasting tax payers
money on more laws on the books that will be obsolete in a few years time.

While on the subject, it shouldn't be against the law to spoof one's own
numbers.  Other person's numbers, sure.. but if I want all my numbers to
appear from one line, that's my own business.  CID is sent in-band to a
device *prior* to the ring voltage.  And sometimes the data is sketchy
depending on where your telco gets it's LIDB dips from.

As for your last point, I'm sure you'd also like to see the death penalty
for jaywalking because you had to tap your car brakes or be late by 5
seconds.
Remind me not to waste my brake pads when you walk across the street.