[asterisk-users] IAX based war dialer

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Mar 6 13:29:58 CST 2009

This may be of interest -- as a tool we can use to test our systems and as
a weapon that may be used against us :)

         http://warvox.org/

A brief read-over looks like it uses iaxclient and ruby to war dial a
range of numbers and record audio samples to be analyzed to identify if
the call was answered by a modem, fax machine, human, etc.

The calls are placed through a PSTN termination provider. I didn't see
anything about IAX brute forcing.

SIP was mentioned, but the primary focus appears to be IAX providers.

Thanks in advance,