[asterisk-users] [Asterisk-Users] Inter-Asterisk Using SIP

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Fri Mar 6 13:13:45 CST 2009

no

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of tracinet
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 2:08 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] [Asterisk-Users] Inter-Asterisk Using SIP

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 2:12 PM, Adam Robins <arobins at pharmacentra.com>
wrote:

I am switching from IAX2 to SIP for my inter-Asterisk transport due to
assorted quality issues following the 1.2.4 upgrade.

On the server that SENDS the call, I have the following in SIP.CONF:

[192.168.1.2_OB]
type=peer
fromuser=OB
host=192.168.1.2

And in EXTENSIONS.CONF

exten => 91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@192.168.1.2_OB)

On the RECEIVING Server in SIP.CONF:

[OB]
type=user
context=longdistance

I am not using a REGISTER statement on the receiving server.

My problem is that the only way I can seem to get the call delivered
into the proper SIP context on the receiving box is to use the
"fromuser=OB" on the sending machine.  I tried using "username=OB", but
then it delivers into the default context.  I don't want to use
"fromuser" because it overrides the callerid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Adam

The contents of this email message and any attachments are confidential
and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be
legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole
purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this
transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and

Did you ever get a resolution on this?