[asterisk-users] How to verify availability of the DID connection?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Mar 6 08:44:53 CST 2009

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Robert Augustyn wrote:

> Occasionally, DIDs from different providers stop working for some
> reason.
>
> I would like to be able to monitor situations like that and react before
> any of my clients start going ballistic on me.

Are you losing DIDs that terminate on your Asterisk box or your clients
Asterisk box?

Are these DIDs registering with Asterisk and are you re-registering often
enough?

Is it a problem within the providers? Can you port the DIDs to another
provider?

Why do the DIDs stop working? Is is a connectivity problem you could
detect with something like "ping" or "Nagios?"

Since you say "different providers" I'm thinking a general connectivity
problem or something "generally" out of whack with registrations.

Thanks in advance,