[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.1-rc1 with OpenAIS and differentsubnets

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Thu Mar 5 09:46:41 CST 2009

> > The method OpenAIS uses to communicate between nodes is
> designed for a
> > very low latency local connection; it is not designed to work across
> > routed connections. Russell Bryant has spent some time
> talking to the
> > OpenAIS developers about this, but so far there doesn't seem to be a
> > good solution.
>
> true, that's why i'm hoping that distributed presence via
> dundi comes about
> sooner, rather than later :)

I'm not sure if this is applicable to your environment, but what would
you think about distributed events (including devicestate and voicemail
MWI as in the res_ais implementation) over XMPP PubSub (XEP-060)?

I've really only just begun, but at least it's something that somebody
is working on currently.  AFAIK, that is not yet the case with events
via dundi.

- Brad