[asterisk-users] $20 Bounty

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 21:25:37 CST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:
> I’ll pay anyone a $20 bounty for someone to replicate the USA Asterisk
> Weather App on Tropo.

All you have to do is violate the ToS on a few services:
wget the weather from yahoo, for instance:
http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=06513

Conditions for New Haven, CT at 9:53 pm EST
Current Conditions:
Fair, 20 F
Forecast:
Tue - Clear. High: 25 Low: 13
Wed - Mostly Sunny. High: 34 Low: 19

do a wget post of that output from the previous wget to
http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

do a wget on the wav file that demo generates.

It would be nicer if you record a prompt before asking for the
zipcode, but it's not strictly necessary.

You can paypal me the cash to my email. The legitimate license for
AT&T Natural Voices is more than $20, and nothing built into Asterisk
for free is going to give you free-form text-to-speech.