[asterisk-users] Predefined viables

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Mar 3 17:51:58 CST 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, michel freiha wrote:

> Does anyone knows how to add a new variable to the predefined variables
> sent by asterisk to AGI script?

You don't.

If you really wanted to add to the AGI environment variables, you could
hack on res_agi.c, but I don't think this is what you want to do.

I'm thinking you want channel variables.

It's a piece of cake to read and write channel variables in the dialplan
using ${} and SET(). It's only slightly more difficult to read and write
channel variables in your AGI using "GET VARIABLE" and "SET VARIABLE."

Just decide on a meaningful name, SET() it in the dial plan and "GET
VARIABLE" in your AGI.

Thanks in advance,