[asterisk-users] How to generate core dump?

Eric Wieling, Asteria Solutions Group ewieling at asteriasgi.com
Mon Mar 2 11:20:16 CST 2009

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Asterisk segfaulted on me the other day; how do I tell it to generate a
> core file so -- if it happens again -- I can attempt to debug?  I looked
> in the obvious places in "make menuconfig" and didn't see anything
> appropriate.

There should be a file called something like backtrace.txt that gives
you instructions on how to compile with debugging options, generate a
coredump when Asteriss crashes, as well as information on how to
generate a backtrace to determine where the problem is located.  This
file would be in the doc/ directory in your Asterisk source.

--
Eric Wieling * Asteria Solutions Group * Huntsville, AL
Call centers * IVRs * Enterprise PBXs * Conferencing applications
256-705-0277 * http://www.asteriasgi.com/ * sales at asteriasgi.com