[asterisk-users] early dial (or overlap dial) and Asterisk 1.2 vs. 1.4

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 10:50:06 CST 2009

Thanks Steve.

I guess I could set pedantic=no but modify chan_sip.c, add a global variable such as "urlencode" that if set to "yes" will call:

ast_uri_encode
ast_uri_decode

and nothing else.

I wish I didn't have to hack the source code though. I'd rather make the "sip client" work somehow. Asterisk 1.2 seems to send me the 481 response from within handle_request() in chan_sip. I don't know anything about this but it may have something to do with "to tags" and "from tags".

If anyone here is using Asterisk 1.2 w/ pedantic=yes and client-side "early dial" or "overlap dial" then please share your client configurations.

Thanks.