[asterisk-users] early dial (or overlap dial) and Asterisk 1.2 vs. 1.4

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 04:12:14 CST 2009

Hi,

I am testing some IP phones (eg. GXP2000) and noticed that the "early dial" feature works fine with Asterisk 1.4 but not with 1.2.

"early dial" is when digits are sent immediately, one by one, and Asterisk replies with a "484 Address Incomplete" and waits for the next digit until a match is found. This is a very useful feature where no dial patterns have to be set on the phone and the calls are sent without having to press the "send" button or the # key.
This feature does not work with Asterisk 1.2 and I get a "reason code:481" on the IP phone.

It seems that if one sets pedantic=no in 1.2 then the "early dial" feature works. However, I need pedantic=yes for the # digit to work.

I have a mixed cluster with both * 1.2 and 1.4 and would like to avoid the hassle of upgrading the 1.2 servers.

Is there a quick fix/hack?

Versions: Asterisk 1.2.30, Asterisk 1.4.21.2

Thanks,

Vieri